June 30, 2017
Better Together: A Partner Spotlight on Connecticut Community Nonprofit Alliance
“The Alliance is the voice of nonprofits in Connecticut. Our mission is to advocate excellence in community-based nonprofits through advocacy and capacity building,” said Josh Lipshitz, Director of Membership and Business Development at CT Community Nonprofit Alliance. “One example is our partnership with UST, which helped 38 of our member organizations to save over $957,000 in unemployment costs in 2016 alone.”
The Alliance currently offers the following programs and services:
- The Nonprofit Center – Serves as home to 26 nonprofit organizations and more than 200 employees
- Preferred Purchasing Program – Promotes employment opportunities for people with disabilities
- Public Policy and Advocating – Champion nonprofit causes and represent their interests at the Legislature level
- The Center for Professional Development – Workshops, conferences, resources and tools
- Networking and Information – Cultivates communication and cooperation among its member nonprofits
Dedicated to representing nonprofit organizations for more than 35 years, The Alliance has successfully promoted the health and well-being of the 169 communities that compromise the State of Connecticut—focusing their energy on the people and communities they serve. With a plethora of programs and services to offer and a long history of involvement in the nonprofit communities of Connecticut, we’re proud of our long-time partnership with The Alliance.
CT Community Nonprofit Alliance is the collective voice of community providers and nonprofits in Connecticut that strengthen and sustain healthy communities by advocating for community-based, nonprofit organizations. For more information on The Alliance visit www.ctnonprofitalliance.org.