September 29, 2021
2021 People Risk Management Toolkit
Hiring new employees can be time-consuming, costly, and stressful. Pre-employment assessments can be useful in determining whether or not a potential new hire is a good fit candidate—with the right skills and mind set for your organization. A proven, scientific way to screen candidates and mitigate the risks of hiring mistakes, incorporating pre-employment testing can be the most effective way to gain a more thorough picture of a candidate's strengths, skills and personality.
As we know, people-related risks within an nonprofit organization can range from bad hires and misconduct to harassment and lack of diversity in the workplace. To help nonprofit employers strengthen their employee risk management practices—and mitigate the risks that can ultimately affect your bottom line—we created the 2021 People Risk Management Toolkit.
This toolkit includes a performance improvement plan, a risk audit questionnaire, risk management best practice tips and more:
- Essential People Risk Management Practices
- People Risk Management Audit Questionnaire
- The People Risk Management Scorecard
- The Cost of People Related Risks Tool
- EEO Self-Identification Form
- Anti-Harassment Policy Checklist
- Whitepaper: Emergency Preparedness Plan
- The Importance of New Hire Assessments
- Performance Improvement Plan
- Webinar Recording: Supporting Nonprofit Sustainability During a Crisis
Take the time to thoroughly vet your candidates before hiring. The cost of pre-employment screening is minimal compared to the cost of hiring someone who doesn't stay. Not to mention, that an employee who isn't a good fit—for the job or your workforce—can also impact the entire team and overall morale.
If you’re looking for access to more HR-specific articles, templates and checklists? Sign up for a FREE 60-Day Trial of UST HR Workplace today! You'll also gain access to live HR certified consultants, 300+ on-demand training courses and an extensive compliance library.