May 31, 2017
Better Together: A Partner Spotlight on LeadingAge, Inc.
Because we sincerely believe that we are better together, we’re excited to announce the start of our new Better Together monthly blog series—spotlighting our partners’ ongoing mission-driven achievements.
Endorsing the UST program since 2002, LeadingAge is the trusted voice for the aging in America. Founded in 1961, LeadingAge has a long, dedicated history in providing older adults with quality services.With 6,000 members and 38 state partners, as well as representing 43 states from Arizona to New York, LeadingAge has impacted the entire field of aging services across the globe.
An association of community-based nonprofit organizations, based in Washington, D.C., LeadingAge is dedicated to making America a better place to grow old through a wide variety of services which include assisted living, adult day services, home health, transportation, home-delivered meals, hospice and much more.
In the last 50 years, LeadingAge has:
- Raised thousands of dollars for the aging community
- Awarded countless innovation grants
- Provided meeting space to community groups and nonprofits
- Served on more than 20 boards for national and community-based organizations
- Collected clothing, toys, and equipment for Martha’s Table
- Provided employment opportunities
- Performed hundreds of hours of community-based volunteer services
LeadingAge leads in innovative practices to transform how they serve the aging population while also providing the essential framework and resources needed to help people achieve a successful future. For more information on LeadingAge visit www.leadingage.org.