With the barrage of new accounting and reporting standards over the last several years, it’s sometimes difficult for organizations to stay on top of the professional guidance issued. Most organizations do a good job remembering all the nitty-gritty details and financial statement disclosure rules, but sometimes the simplest rules are overlooked.
This UST webinar with guest presenter Jay Azar, CPA from Lindquist LLP offers an interesting review of common errors in accounting and financial reporting made by not-for-profit organizations. It is appropriate for anyone responsible for accounting and financial reporting process, including management and employees. It may even be helpful for those involved in an organization’s oversight function to take a step back and consider the “big picture” implications of the organization’s financial reporting (which is often available to the public).
This webinar will help participants to better implement professional guidance on issues such as:
- Rules for reporting Board-designated net assets
- How to report deficiencies in restricted net assets
- Accounting for unconditional promises to give
- Reporting expense classifications
- Reporting program expenses in a statement of functional expenses
- Good footnote disclosures
When: Thursday, May 21st at 10:00 PDT / 1:00 EDT